ADH Law believes everyone is entitled to legal representation and criminal defence. This belief extends to prisoners who are also entitled to fair and just treatment. At ADH Law, we treat clients professionally and with respect.
ADH Law accepts Legal Aid Certificates for criminal matters and offers reasonable rates for those who do not qualify for Legal Aid. Free consultations for criminal matters are available to discuss the particulars and options for your case.
Meet the Team
Amanda has been a practicing criminal defence and prison law attorney since 2013. Before opening ADH Law, Amanda was an associate at Engel Law.
In law school, Amanda was involved in a number of organizations including Student Legal Services, OUTlaw Alberta, CJSR Radio, and the Women’s Law Forum, and she received a number of awards for her volunteer work throughout university. She also took part in practicums with Legal Aid Alberta and the Alberta Human Rights Commission.
Currently, Amanda is an executive member, serving as a Director, of the Criminal Trial Lawyers’ Association (CTLA), and is a founding member and the current President of the Alberta Prison Justice Society. Amanda is a longtime volunteer with the Edmonton Community Legal Centre (ECLC). In 2018, she became a Term Lecturer for the University of Alberta’s Faculty of Law teaching a course on habeas corpus.
Amanda’s practice specializes in the areas of criminal defence, Charter litigation, habeas corpus applications, human rights issues, and police complaints. She has appeared in all levels of court in Alberta and also has experience appearing before administrative tribunals. Amanda takes a client centered approach to her practice and works with her clients to identify their legal issues and achieve positive results.
- Law Society of Alberta – admitted in 2013
- Criminal Trial Lawyers’ Association
- Canadian Prison Law Association
- Alberta Prison Justice Society
- President, Alberta Prison Justice Society, 2018 to present
- Director, Criminal Trial Lawyers’ Association, 2017 to present
- Volunteer lawyer, Edmonton Community Legal Centre, 2014 to present
- Players de novo, Lawyers’ annual play fundraising for the Edmonton theatre community, 2015
Awards and Achievements
- Recipient of the Justice Cecelia Johnstone Equality Award, 2012
- Recipient of the Dr. Gary MacPherson Leadership Scholarship, 2011
- Recipient of the J. Roger Flumerfelt Leadership Award, 2011
- Recipient of the Michael Phair Leadership Award for volunteering, initiative and service to the Edmonton LGBTQ community, 2011
Jody is Amanda’s legal assistant and is the office manager for ADH Law. Jody enjoys working with clients to help make sure they are connected to the services they need.